Monday, May 10, 2010

Ruzsa, Hungary - night orienteering

I was in Hungary, for two days orienteering competition, actually it was one day but two races. 

First race was Hungarian Open Night Championship and I started in M21BR category.It was very interesting to run in night competition after long period. Well, first I had some problems with lamp - I forgot bateries for big lamp and I had only small head lamp to run with and after that I was late for start (my start time was after middnight) for 5 or 6 minutes. I started very slow and carefully, but making small mistake on 1st and I realized that my lamp will be bigger problem than I thought. No problems on 2nd and 3rd where I turned on my GPS. 8th control made me some problems... It was in the hole with some branches over and I didn't see it untill I was 1 meter near. And I made one more mistake on 12th control when I miss path. At the end it was very interesting race and I enjoy in it very much no matter on my result. Organizer did excellent job and overall impression is very high especially deer-stew or "pörköltre" at 2 after middnight :).

On Sunday after few hours of sleeping I had second race. It was very quick race, but I made small mistakes on 3rd and 16th control and bigger mistakes on 6th and 20th control, but beside this I enjoy the race.
I'm satisfied with my orienteering on both races, but my running is on  low level.

Here are results for both days. 

2 comments:

  1. Jel' Ruzo da te pita nesto komandir Gavrilo Milentijevic:) :
    A sto ti ove tekstove ne pises fino na srpskom, da te ceo svet razume?

    Sledece godine na nocno nosimo reflektore:)

    Pozdrav
    D.Savovic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Čuj reflektore..., farove od kamiona :)

    ReplyDelete