Thursday, August 22, 2013

Triathlon Ada

This year I decided to do a triathlon. The first one where I could participate was held on the lake Ada Ciganlija, on 25th May, in the hart of Belgrade. It was sprint triathlon 750 m swim (2 laps) - 20 km bike (8 laps) - 5 km run (4 laps).

At the start water temperature was around 20 degrees above 0, too cold for me to be honest :) As I'm not so good in swimming I started slowly letting all others competitors to pass by. First 100 meters I was totally frozen, then I started to push a little bit harder focusing on my swimming not thinking about water temperature and I manage to finish this part with the time 18:02 min and I felt very exausted. Also loosing some time in T1 2:12 min. Most of the bike course I did alone, last 3 laps I ride in a group and at the end 42:40 minutes bike +T2. Running was the last part of the race, but I think that we run less than 5K judging on my run time 20:57 min for 5K after swimming and cycling, even hard to belive, but could be goal to reach :)

In total 1 hour 23 minutes 56 seconds, not bad for the first time!!






No comments:

Post a Comment