Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Postas Cup, Hungaria

Last weekend I was on famous 32. Postas Cup in Hungary about 50 km south from Budapest, near Tatarszentgyorgy. Postas Cup is traditionaly one of Hungary's biggest and most well organised events. It is organised every year in various locations around Budapest, and this was my first time there after 10 years.

The event took place on the sand-dune ridge between the rivers Danube and Tisza at a height of 110-120 meters above see level. The surface sand is bound by vegetation. The dunes created by the wind produced an area of varied relief. The terrain has never been used for orienteering before, it is partly open and is rich in contour details. The vegetation in the whole area is very varied: juniper, pine, oak and acacia forest is mixed with the occasional large clearing and semi-open areas of mixed cover.

Map size was 31 x 46 cm with a part of the terrain on a separate cutout, so I had to make a „map exchange”.

Day 1


Until 10th control my map reading was very good, maybe I could make some better route choice on 1st control, but my running wasn't ok for this terrain type. I made mistake on 10th control loosing about 2 minutes. I was running at the same tempo and on 15th control I twisted my ankle and that situation had influence on my focus and that cost me between 3 and 4 minutes. After 17th control I had to move my focus on a separate map cutout for controls from 17 - 21  and finished the race without  problems. Course was 11,7 km long with 25 controls. My time was 99:18 minutes (first time was 68:25 minutes).



Day 2


Next day the same map was used for race. I started the race in the same rhythm as the day before, making small mistake on 3rd, I run over it. And for controls from 7 - 12 that were on separate map cutout I didn't have any problem while crossing. On 12th control my concentration went down and I  went much on the right loosing some minutes. There was no problem until 21st control where I loosed power I it was very difficult for me to run. On 25th control I think that I could go through green and I was wrong. It was 11,6 km long with 26 controls. My time was 98:51 minutes (first time was 64:36 minutes). Overall results here


I really enjoyed on this competition, interesting terrain, good weather and accomodation is special story.


accomodation from air








      Gerbaud, Budapest - eating cakes :)

2 comments:

  1. Blogeru, kakvi su utisci?

    Vokri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utisci su:
    vor den Augen aller grau, aber die Eier waren blau:)))

    tojás kék

    ReplyDelete